Sunday, June 25, 2017

I am totally in love with the new Embossing Paste & Colorful Seasons Bundle!!! 
My big brown box of new goodies {or BBB as we demonstrators like to call them} 
arrived a few weeks ago & I have finally found some time, 
in between our two new rescue puppies to play :) 
~My Inspiration~ 
{as if I needed any} 
   
I couldn't wait to try out the new Embossing Paste, so I used that as my 
starting point for this card. It comes as a white paste which can be colored 
using ink refill if desired. In this card I left it white. I used one of the new 
decorative masks over my card stock & simply smeared the paste over it 
with a palette knife, lifted the mask off & let it dry. It only takes a few minutes 
to harden & you are left with a really neat, raised design. This stuff dries 
fast so make sure you close the lid & wash any tools right away. 

You can see the effect the paste has in the textured background. 
Once it was dry I lightly sponged it with Marina Mist & Soft Suede. 

For the embellishments I used the fabulous Colorful Seasons Bundle. 
This set has so many stamps & dies in it, all the seasons are covered. 
The branches are die cut from copper foil paper, the leaves & 
blossoms are in Very Vanilla with the edges sponged in Soft Suede & 
touches of gold heat embossing. The main flower is the Pansy Punch & 
stamped with a flourish from the Timeless Textures set in Early Espresso. 
A little nest of gold thread behind & a gold faceted gem gives it the 
finishing touch. I also used the *thank you* sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes. 

So my verdict on the Embossing Paste after my first play? 
Love, Love, Love this stuff!!! 
Can't wait to see what else I can do with it. 
  
 
  
Stamp Sets: Colorful Seasons *Bundle*, Timeless Textures, Teeny Tiny Wishes. 
Card Stock: Early Espresso, Thick Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Copper Foil. 
Inks: Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Marina Mist, VersaMark. 
Accessories: Embossing Paste, Decorative {Medallion} Mask, Palette Knives, 
Pansy Punch, Gold Metallic Thread, Gold Embossing Powder, Gold Faceted Gem, 
Sponge Daubers, Heat Tool, Fine Tip Glue Pen, Big Shot & Accessories. 
 

~Thinking Of You~  
Stamp Sets: Colorful Seasons *Bundle*. 
Card Stock: Thick Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Watercolor. 
Inks: Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Soft Suede. 
Accessories: Silver Metallic Thread, Glitter Enamel Dots, 
Embossing Paste, Decorative {Brick Wall} Mask, Palette Knives, 
Aqua Painter Brush, Silicone Mat, Big Shot & Accessories. 

{I mixed a few drops of Marina Mist ink refill to color 
my Embossing Paste, Marina Mist watercolor wash for my 
background, & the *baby wipe technique* for my leaves}. 
 

~Happy Birthday~ 
Stamp Sets: Papillon Potpourri, Butterfly Basics. 
Card Stock: Tempting Turquoise, Thick Whisper White. 
Inks: Tempting Turquoise, Lemon Lime Twist. 
Accessories: Embossing Paste, Decorative Mask, Palette Knives, 
Metallic Enamel Shapes, Clear Glitter Brush, 
Elegant Butterfly Punch, Itty Bitty Butterfly Punch. 
 
I was sad to see that they retired the Butterfly Punches 
& the Papillon Potpourri stamp set :( 

No comments: